Thank you for your interest in partnering with City Year.
Our university and career partners provide extraordinary benefits which allow us to better support talented, diverse, socially conscious young people as they engage in a year of service. We are grateful for your interest in supporting our network. Below please find more information on initiating a partnership.
CITY YEAR ALUMNI UNIVERSITY PARTNERSHIP INITIATION PROCESS
To ensure we are providing an excellent partnership experience to all current and prospective partners, City Year hosts an annual submissions period for which interested organizations can submit a short proposal for partnership. The timeline for the submissions and selections period is as follows:
- Sept 26 – Nov 4, 2016
City Year accepts submissions from all interested college, universities, graduate schools, law schools and medical schools. Note: City Year City Year tiers promotion of a partnership based upon the benefits offered including amount of scholarship dollars provided to City Year corps members, alumni and staff. To see the benefits offered at each level, click here. To submit a partner proposal form, click here.
- Nov 7 - 25, 2016
City Year reviews partnership proposals; selects organizations for formal partnership.
- Week of Nov 28, 2016
All interested partners are informed of status and if necessary, asked for additional information; selected partners informed of next steps to formalize partnership.
- December 2016 – January, 2017
New partners announced to the City Year network (after completion of MOU process)
Following this process, the next partnership proposal submission period will be open some time in the spring of 2017. Check back later for more details.
CITY YEAR ALUMNI CAREER PARTNERSHIP INITIATION PROCESS Organizations and companies seeking to develop a Career Partnership will be considered on a case-by-case basis and should express interest by emailing email@example.com.
WHAT DO WE LOOK FOR IN OUR PARTNERS?
- Shared mission and values; an interest in supporting young people committed to making significant difference in their communities.
- Ability to provide benefits or opportunities in areas of interest to our corps, especially those not currently represented geographically or in specific sectors.
- Other key criteria we look for in a partner:
• Demand from our corps/alumni in specific programs offered by the school or organization
• Ranking or national/regional reputations of the school or organization
• Geographic proximity to one of City Year's 27 sites
• Awareness/student body interest in serving with City Year as a corps member (i.e. how many
applications did we received from that school last
• A sense of innovation when promoting opportunities to our corps; an interest in providing professional
development or facilitating community dialogue along with program information
OTHER WAYS TO GET CONNECTED
- AmeriCorps Segal Education Award Matching Program. If your higher education institution is interested in matching or augmenting the education award provided to all AmeriCorps alumni, click here to learn more.
- AmeriCorps Employers of National Service. If your organization is interested in hiring City Year and other AmeriCorps alumni, join nearly 400 companies organizations who have made a commitment to hiring those who have participated in national service. Click here to learn more.
- City Year Alumni Job Board. You can post open positions to our City Year Alumni Job Board at anytime! Simply click here and follow the prompts; there is no cost involved. Post positions now.
- AmeriCorps Alums Virtual Graduate School Fairs, Career Fairs. City Year is part of the larger AmeriCorps network, nearly 1 million strong. Several times throughout the year, AmeriCorps Alums hosts fairs for universities and hiring partners to connect with AmeriCorps Alums.